Sony has now confirmed it is seeding a new 4.1 Jelly Bean firmware to the Xperia S, Xperia SL and Xperia acro S. It brings various improvements over the initial Jelly Bean release and is already available for download over-the-air(OTA) and via the Sony PC Companion.
Here is the official changelog as provided by Sony:
For camera, we’ve…
- addressed an abnormality in the white balance
- improved the “Quick Launch” button functionality
- smoothed out (1080p) video recording, minimizing lag
For apps, services & data, we’ve…
- streamlined Exchange Active Sync, particularly when running an encrypted set-up
- boosted connection stability for 2G network data
- ensured preferences on 3rd party apps remain after reboot – not a common problem, but we understand it can be a frustrating one!
For battery, we’ve…
- economised power consumption, and heat dispersion for longer life
- corrected juice level notifications, especially when running low
And for hardware & UI, we’ve…
- introduced a home key long-press to launch Google Now, and a double-press to launch Recent Apps
- made sure the volume “up” button is fully responsive
As usual the update rollout is gradual and, depending on your region and carrier, it might take a few days before the new firmware reaches your device.